I Like Target – If a Two Year Old Wrote a Jingle

I took Astrid to Target on Wednesday. You know how for your third child Target is like the zoo or the library but better since you don’t actually have to be at the zoo or the library. And Target has a Starbucks in it …at least that is what you tell them as you have to go to Target 2-5 times a week for toilet paper or milk or cute shoes or bows or pillows or glue or something? Target really needs a pet department..with actual animals to look at. Maybe just fish. That would make Target perfect.

Anyway, as I’m getting her out of the car she yells “Me no like Target, mama!!!” Like really loudly for everyone to hear.

I was ashamed.  Not that I was taking her to Target AGAIN, but that she could take the lords name in vain like that. It’s like totally against our religion. Women in the parking lot held their hands to their hearts as they shook their heads in shock.

So after a long confessional in the big red cart, some extra goldfish crackers and a juice box – all non-organic, we came home and decided the only way to repent was to sing “I Like Target” over and over again. And really mean it. Like really mean it. Because we will probably have to go back tomorrow. To buy bread or sushi or a new handbag or tampons or nail polish or something.

I totally should have been a Catholic school teacher in 1953.

Comments

She’s so delicious. Gabe and Mary are cheering out loud as she sings. We are all drooling over her and wishing we had a two year old again. Love you.

See I did not grow-up with Target – so now I have to go everyday. I didn’t know about the fish!

First of all, Astrid is so cute. I love her singing – she’s got some mad skillz!

When she started singing about Cookie Monster, I almost lost it. Do you remember that Sesame Street scene where a little girl and Kermit are singing the alphabet, but the girl keeps throwing Cookie Monster in there? Kermit gets all flustered, but then she tells him she loves him. Astrid could totally be that cute little girl!

As a former Targeteer, I have to say this is my FAVORITE POST EVER!

I can see them showing this some year at the Grammy’s when she is up for ‘best new artist’. And you will be in the audience, in some hot outfit….

My Target is, literally, next door to a Petsmart . . . that has a cat adoption center and birds and fishies.

I just throw the kids in the truck and “find” stuff that I need when it’s just them & me for the day. I’ve only ever had to use a tampon once (wicked nosebleed), but that seems a good enough reason to head over on a rainy Saturday.

5. Robin Quick says

She is so darling! She definitely has a future in entertainment! Im sure the Target reps would love to see this! =)

6. Jaci says

Love it! My mom is a die-hard Target fan and one day after spending the day with her grandkids (my 2 kiddos) they came home singing a new song voicing their love for Target and dis-like of Wal-Mart. It was so funny, I should have gotten it on video.

I kind of like Cookie Monster better than Target too.

Sorry.

(And now I’m off to church to repent. And by “church” I mean the super Target in Moorpark. duh.)

XO

A pet section really would make Target perfect. I mean, with Starbucks being there it’s pretty perfect already, but being able to hold and cuddle furry little kittens while you’re there would push it right over the edge to nirvana.

I’ll happily sing along: I LIKE TARGET!

9. Tina M says

I hope some rep for Target sees this & we see Astrid in their next commercial! :0) LOL! I LOVE IT!!! (Astrid singing AND Target! LOL!)

I haven’t watched the video yet because I was over here going “lalalalalalalala I can’t here her cursing my lover’s name!!” Believe me, My kids new from way early on that Target is Momma’s holy ground. Indeed.

Back to read…

Your Target has sushi????

Also, my kids love Target so much it is an acceptable date with Mama activity. Yay for Target.

So for real, if she likes Cookie monster that much, I could totally hook her up w/ some jammies.

And, besides the fish, if Target sold yarn well then, I’d never have to shop anywhere else ever again.

It’s my happy place, and now Abbey loves it, too. Dylan is not sold. I will have to brainwash him. I mean coax him to watch Astrid’s video.

Love it and for a moment I thought her dress was covered in Target circles. Sorry for thinking you would make that fashion mistake. Could you vlog again soon???

HA! Also, how dare she dislike Target! It’s a religion in my house too. However, my son loves Target. He asks practically every day if we can go there. I’m pretty sure he likes it more than me, but that’s only because its not his money that’s rapidly diminishing!