I’ve made a lot of jokes lately about aging. My aging. I think it’s because being in my 30′s was so famn dabulous that my 40′s took me by surprise. Like REALLY BIG things happen and change and as much as you embrace how much you love yourself – all of a sudden you really do not look like yourself anymore. So it takes a bit to get over. I may have cried once or twice. Which isn’t really great for my wrinkles. You know that just cried face.
So excuse me if I’ve had a minor aging issue in this space of late. It’s all in good fun as time is marching on and my boobs are getting closer to my waistline. Gravity happens. It’s a party in my body! WOOT!
So today I want to push the negative parts of aging aside, down a large glass of wine, and tell you – and me – what I like about myself. Today I will celebrate my positives and send a good message to my children about loving themselves for who they are.
Elena of Ciao Mom is hosting a link-up for women to celebrate their beauty and their positives. Join us there this week.
So here is my list.
1. I love my legs. They are long, lean, and strong – and I have amazing calf muscles.
2. I love my freckles. They are all over my body, but I especially like the ones on my face. I never understood why Jan Brady tried to get rid of hers.
3. I love that I have tattoos. I like that they stand out and I think they are beautiful. Sometimes I think about getting more. I don’t care if they are wrinkled when I am 88 – I will always love them.
4. I love that I can make my children’s hurt go away with a simple kiss. I feel like I have super powers.
5. I am a really good dancer. I have awesome rhythm and can take over a dance floor. Maybe I need to dance more often.
6. I am glad that I reached my career goals and lived and traveled all over the world before I had kids so I could be home with my kids and be completely content with this life. I have no need for promotions or conference rooms. When I think of it this way – being an older mom is sweet perfection.
7. I am a good baker. I love to make cookies and treats from scratch for my kids and I have never ruined a batch.
8. I am an awesome driver. I love to drive. Fast. I used to dream about winning the Indy 500. I wish I still had a manual transmission car. My current car was my first automatic and I curse at it sometimes.
9. I love my double-jointed arms and fingers. It’s a cool party trick.
10. I love to laugh. I love that I can laugh at myself and I have a good sense of humor. I never take life very seriously. I also love that my brother and I have the same laugh. My true laugh is very deep and bizarre. When I laugh, I truly hear my brother.
11. I love that my body is softer than it once was and because of that – my kids can lean on me, sit on my lap. and fold into me more comfortably.
12. I love that I have itty bitty boobs. I LOVE my 32AA bra and never want more. Also if I were a lesbian I would totally be attracted to only itty bitty boobed women. I love small boobs. They are adorable.
13. I love that I am tough and stand my ground and strive to be my own person. I hope my girls will do the same.
What do you love about yourself?