Vikki insisted that I go all old school blogging and share 5 random facts about myself. At my age it’s honestly getting hard to remember random and interesting things. And after 7 years of blogging you all pretty much know everything there is to know about me. Basically I like wine, coffee, cats and cute clothing. I’m an open book that way. An open book who owns more than one lint brush.
But I thought of a few more random things that maybe you don’t know – and between these random facts I could either insert cat pictures or fashion pictures. I’ve decided to use fashion pictures because Fall is finally here and it’s my favorite season(you already knew that), and Aventura Clothing sent me a few things to wear that I have to share with you because I’m in love.
So here you go – randomness and fashion. Maybe tomorrow will be cats.
1. I’ve broken six bones. I broke my collar bone when I was eight years old by falling off the top bunk while sleeping. I believe this is why bunk bed guard rails were made mandatory just a few years later. Oh the chances we took in 1976 just to get a good night sleep. The other five bones I broke were my ribs when I was tackled while playing touch football after foolishly deciding to join a work league to meet guys. It WORKS! I met doctors in the ER. It hurt to breathe for like the next four months and my football career ended that day, but the evening in the ER was fantastic.
2. I dog-ear my books to mark the page when I’m reading them. I always have. Some people(my oldest daughter) get super upset about dog-earers – thinking that we are damaging books. I think it just increases the character. I do admit that I feel a bit guilty when I borrow a book and dog-ear without permission. I apologize for that. But if I can’t dog-ear that dang book it just never feels like I can truly get into it. This is probably why I don’t read library books. Dog-ear guilt. It’s real.
3. I hate painted fingernails and have never quite understood this look. My kids are not obsessed with polish or manicures, but I’d paint their nails every day if they wanted it…but they rarely ask thank goodness. But don’t touch my nails. And don’t even get me started on my toenails. And let’s just say that being a runner…no one wants to paint my toenails. Or touch them. Or have me remove my shoes. Jed wishes I would always wear socks to bed.
(Perfect for the apple orchard – the jeggings from American Eagle, very old sweater from The Gap, my favorite Frye Veronica Shortie boots, and YOU NEED this Owen Vest from Aventura, and Alisha Infinity scarf from Aventura)
4. When I was in second grade, my best friend was run over by the Avon Lady. I still remember yelling “MOM – come quick, Linda just got run over by the Avon Lady!” You would think that Linda just earned free make-up for life. But this happened in 1974 so she just brushed herself off, headed to the ER and her parents probably didn’t even get the Avon Lady’s name to sue her for lipstick or cologne encased in a porcelain sports car.
(I am in love with these Morgan corduroys from Aventura. Sweater is from Cabi)
5. I never lived in a dorm. I attended night school for my first two years of college as it was the only way I could afford to attend school – so I lived with family and then in a cheap apartment, and didn’t start regular day classes until my junior year. So this meant I never really met anyone at college either as my night school classmates were like super old(30!). I also did not attend my college graduation as I had already moved across the country for a job in LA once my last class was finished. But I guess since I did not really even know the name of one person I went to college with – my party would’ve been pretty lame if I had stayed for graduation.
So there you have it – I am deeper than just clothing and cats. Also, I really don’t like Avon products still to this day because of poor Linda. Now it’s time for you to share five facts about you on your blog and get all old school blogging with us – or leave a comment with a super random fact about yourself!! And check-out Aventura for some amazing Fall fashions!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.