1. Caring that I don’t have a set of matching dishes and why should people have this by the time they turn 45.
2. Checking to see if my ass looks good in a particular pair of pants. I’m just walking out of the house knowing that my ass looks good in all the pants.
3. Caring what you think about my ass.
4. Bitching about no one helping me around the house – but making time to make sure that everyone helps around the house.
5. Cleaning up toothpaste blobs out of the sink unless I was the maker of the toothpaste blob.
6. Wearing matching socks. I wear boots 99.9% of the time anyway – so let’s just all wear mismatched socks. I’m done matching socks at all. Even for you.
7. Spending more than I save. I will not buy things because they are on sale. I will buy things because we need things. Not just because OMG so pretty!
8. So I’m giving up all of the catalogs that come to my house. HOW to make them STOP!
9. Wearing head to toe fleece to bed. This is both because it’s cold and for husband repellent. I hope it gets warmer. For Jed’s sake.
10. Feeling not good enough or young enough or rich enough or hip enough to shop anywhere. I will feel comfortable everywhere I go. Except if I go to a strip club. I don’t know if I would feel comfortable there at this point. Unless there were free drinks. But I need to get to the point where I feel more comfortable going into H&M than into a strip club.
11. Guilt for not volunteering at school more. I don’t like to be around that many children at one time. All things in moderation.
12. Procrastinating. Okay – staying off Facebook until my work is done. Also, no more cat videos until my work is done. Or online shopping until my work is done. No more BuzzFeed quizzes until my work is done. No more finding out what my John Travolta name pronunciation is until my work is done. No more playing with the cat until my work is done.
13. Pretending that Astrid is not going to kindergarten in the Fall. Telling her she’s going to be home with me FOREVER is not healthy for either of us. But I’m totally going to college with her.
14. Obsessing over getting a nose piercing and just going to get the damn nose piercing.
15. Embarrassing my tween. I don’t think I really do this. But because I BREATHE, it turns out I do this. I promise to breathe quieter and from a distance that is approved by this tween and not talk about her ever again. You totally should hear what she said today though.
16. Stop eating the peanut butter directly out of the jar and maybe double-dipping with the spoon.
17. Typing LOL when I text, email or message people. I feel like it makes me look less professional. LOL
18. Stop drinking coffee at 10pm. HEY THERE PEOPLE – WHATCHA DOING UP SO LATE?
19. I’m giving up negative people and those who just want to gossip. Seriously, did you hear what Susie said the other day? Right? She’s so weird and I like totally cannot believe she did that! I mean – who’s Susie?
20. Eating coconut. Okay – I hate coconut, so I’m not really giving that up. But I could only come up with 19 things.
What I wore to work today – very awesome gray woolish blend legging-ish pants from H&M, black sweater from Poppy Togs, and black booties from Seychelles. Astrid is wearing Matilda Jane.
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.
What are you giving up for Lent?