1. Rent out one of the oldest alleys in your town.
2. Husband realizes that his old alley doesn’t have computerized scoring. Has no idea how to score bowling. Oh those snobby New Englanders who attended the opera whilst us hearty Midwesterners were either getting lucky in the back of an Oldsmobile or bowling. Or possibly both.
3. Hire two year old to score bowling.
4. Everyone ties with a 59! Prizes for all.
5. Make sure all lanes have bumpers. No gutter-balls increase everyone’s enjoyment. Even mine.
6. Invite 10 people that you like. And make sure those 10 people like to get a 59 when they bowl.
7. Let the older kids have their own lane and their own score-keeper because they want MORE than a 59. Because they are old and cool. And Midwestern.
8. Bring homemade cupcakes.
9. And enjoy the cards your friends made for you even more than the gifts.
10. Hug your best friend a lot. And congratulate her on her awesome score of 59!
Go forth and bowl my friends.