Only three more posts to go before November is over and I can stop this crazy blogging every day thing.
I’m barely making it in under the wire again tonight. I’m not sure where my days go, but they are busy. Now I know why I don’t write much anymore.
Anyway, here’s what I’ve learned so far this month:
- I am no longer a very good nighttime writer. I used to stay up late writing and doing research and reading other blogs. Also, my kids used to go to bed earlier so I had more time at night. Now my kids barely go to bed before I do – or even after I do. Writing at night no longer works.
- I no longer have time to write in the morning. I still get up by 5am each day – but after running and working out, then it’s on to breakfast making and lunch making and kids waking and seriously, there’s just no time to write unless I want to wake at 3:30am.
- I need to find a time during the day that I can shut out the noise of life and just write. If I still want to write.
- Writing IS harder if you don’t do it regularly. My sentences are ugly and choppy. Yuck. I hate reading my stuff right now.
- I don’t enjoy writing about my kids anymore. I now have a teenager, a tween, and a six year old – they can write about themselves if they want to share a story. I don’t feel like it’s my place to share here like I used to.
- I’m not sure if writing about fitness, fashion, and travel is that interesting? That’s kind of what I have left after kids and cats…so yeah.
- I wish I could write about home decor, but I’m so bad at it. Also, it’s expensive.
- Should I only blog about cats?
- Instagram is more fun than blogging.
- But I have missed my blog. I doubt I’ll continue to write each day, but I will make a better effort to write more than I have this year.
I do appreciate those of you who continue to stop by and believe in me. Okay, hitting publish….two more days to go!!!