Fun In The Snow

I admit that sometimes I dream of just moving to Costa Rica forever.

minnesota-winter

The beach, the surf, the peaceful and somewhat slower way of life appeals to my body and my mind.

And sometimes when the winters get long in Minnesota I think about some of the places I’ve lived that didn’t have our weather extremes..

deep-snow

…Los Angeles…

…Medford, Oregon…

…Amsterdam…

..and I listen to people tell us how crazy we are to live where it plummets to 30 below zero and it snows from October until May.

snow-day-fun

But then we have those perfect winter days – with fresh snow and temperatures above zero.

IMG_3125

And my kids cannot wait to get outside to create and play.

And while we love skating and skiing and sledding – and other snow fun activities – it’s just the going out and playing in the snow that reminds us as to why we stay in Minnesota.

They don’t need a sandbox or a ball or a park.

IMG_3194

Just piles of snow to make forts, mountains, snowmen and fun.

panda-hat

It might take us 30 minutes to get outfitted to go out.

snow-running

And maybe their mittens are still drying on the radiators.

panda-in-snow

But nothing feels as good as the cold on their sweet pink cheeks as they play in the clean, fresh air.

panda-hats

And then enjoy an after play celebrate with hot chocolate…as we dream about the snow angels that we still need to make this year before all of the snow melts away.

Do you love the snow?

Comments

• says

We are serious about spending Nov-Feb in Costa Rica next year and most of the tears here are because they will miss too much snow… We need to come play with you guys!

1. Melanie H. says

I do love the snow! Not like Minnesota love the snow, but we hardly ever get snow & looking at your absolutely sublime photos makes me hope & pray we will get a good snow this winter!!! Looks like you & your new camera/lens have made fast friends, these shots are uh-mazing! And I suppose it doesn’t hurt that your girls simply exude beauty & joy!

2. Sabine says

We LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the snow and all the activities that come with it…hitting the ski slopes, racing down the toboggan hills or having fun building snowmen and forts. Although our winter temps can often drop down to -50 with the winchill (and no, school is not cancelled even then!) we look forward to winter every year! Enjoy!!

I love snow! I’m currently waiting impatiently for the first flakes of Winter Storm Janus* to fall. We’ll get anywhere from 10 to 16 inches, depending on who you listen to.

I wish I was married to someone to loves the snow as much as I do – he likes hunkering down, but not so much playing outside in it. I wish I had someone to play with because I would.

*When did we start naming winter storms? This feels sorta silly to me.
    Jen Bardall recently posted..The Problem with Perfectionism

What beautiful pictures! We live in Michigan and feel the same way. My kids love to play outside. We are VERY into ice skating and hockey on our frozen ponds and outdoor rinks right now. And my husband and I love to play along. I am much more a summer person at heart, but playing in the snow and watching my kids love it makes me appreciate winter so much more.
    Angela Youngblood recently posted..Pinterest Inspiration Poser Challenge (MLK Day, Nutella & More About My Dixie Cup Lights)

I hate driving in it, but I really don’t hate it existing. I don’t like it when we have snow days (I know, I’m in the minority) because it messes up my lessons, but I do love having all four seasons. The midwest is where it’s at, yo.

Also kids playing in the snow make it that much more bearable than before having kids. Plus hot chocolate.
    Katie recently posted..plus one

I love the snow for two weeks at Christmas. Then it can just leave. I’ve lived here a long time, except for a two year stint in San Antonio, Texas. That’s where I’d move to if I could. But who can when you have six beloved Puppies (grandkids) here? I’m pleasantly stuck.

Love,
    Mary

I love playing in the snow – although part of outside time for me is spent clearing the walkway and driveway while the boys play. Playing is more fun.
    We actually are expecting a big storm tonight!
    Kim@Co-Pilot Mom recently posted..Falling Off

For a nice and browsing on the internet greater than 3 hours of late, nevertheless I personally in no way uncovered every fascinating report for instance you. It is really rather worth ample in my opinion. For me personally, if perhaps all web managers in addition to blog owners manufactured beneficial content while you do, the web is actually a lot more practical than any other time.