The holiday season is HERE. Oh my gosh – did I say that too loudly? I have so much to do it seems between school parties and activities, shopping, cooking. cleaning, wrapping and just making sure it all gets done! Not to mention guests and the actual holiday!
I remember being little and going to Christmas at my grandparent’s house and having dozens and dozens of people in their home. And not enough bathrooms… And now when we visit relatives for the holidays I admit I like my own space – and with three kids let’s be honest, sometimes it’s nice to have a good nights sleep somewhere else besides on a blow-up air mattress in the living room. I love my relatives – but seeing them at 5:30am in their robes a few days in a row just doesn’t say Happy Holidays to me.
So, we typically book a hotel when we travel now for the Holidays. And a simple night in a hotel room feels like a HUGE vacation for a little kid – so it’s really a win/win for all of us.
This year, Hampton has partnered with Jenny Steffens Hobick to give some amazing Holiday Hosting Tips!
A few that I love…
1. Be the best OFF-SIT host ever. As I said, let’s be honest…you love your family, but cramming everyone into your house for days at a time can be stressful. How about hosting them in a comfortable space like your local Hampton? With more than 1900 locations – it is the perfect place to stay!
2. Be prepared with snacks – don’t stress out about having so many huge meals – adults and kids alike love snacks(even healthy ones like veggies and cheese) – make things easier on yourself and make sure you get to leave the kitchen!
3. Don’t stay inside – Go out and get some fresh air. Invite your guests on a walk after dinner to check-out holiday decorations. Guests at Hampton can also get energized and make time for a workout as most locations have a fitness center and pool. Actually – we are heading to see family this weekend and are specifically staying in a hotel so the kids can swim!
4. Stock up on extras – whether your guests are staying at a hotel or at your home, Take a cue from your local Hampton and stock up on extra necessities like shampoo, soap, and toothbrushes! Little baskets for your guests are so welcome to receive!
5. Plan fun games – for the kids and the kids in all of us – host a Christmas Carol Sing-Off, a Gingerbread House Competition or a fun game of Holiday Trivia!
So how about you – do you stay with family or typically book a hotel room when you travel for the holidays?
To help you in your travels this next year – today I’m giving away a ONE(1) free night stay at Hampton Hotels to my readers! You can enjoy one night at any Hampton Hotel in the USA with a “Be My Guest” card which will be mailed to you!
Just enter using the super easy RaffleCopter form…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on 12/27 and the stay is at a US Hampton Hotel property only.
Hampton Hotels is all about celebrating the little moments that make a big difference through Hamptonality. Hampton Hotels have 1,900 locations and provide an amazing free and hot breakfast with your stay as well as free high-speed internet and their signature Clean and Fresh Hampton Beds. Choose Hampton Hotels for high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities.
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Hampton Hotel via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hampton or Momtrends.