40 Years Ago I Turned 4

It’s 12:06am.

I received my Barbie suitcase for my fourth birthday. My mom and aunts sewed all of the clothing. I still have most of it.

When I was 18 and found out that my mom had kept most of my precious toys of childhood – my Baby Alive, my Barbies(including Midge), my Little People, my collection of stuffed animals, and my 45s – I laughed at her and packed it all away deciding that I would toss it all when I bought my own house.

And here I am now 26 years later with Barbies that my kids play with, Little People Astrid sets up almost daily, and 45s that we dance to when we can. (The stuffed animals I threw away though…because yuck).

4 and 44

I don’t have 44 years of wisdom, or 44 things to tell you about myself. Or even 4 for that matter.

I just have two.

1. Listen to your mother. Because even though she seems crazy…it’s just because she’s a mother and one day you will see she knew better. Let her in. She knows stuff.

2. Love your dad. And make your dad play dolls with you and paint his nails, and let him spoil you like his little girl even when you’re not so little…because there’s nothing like a dad.

Oh and one more…

3. Cake and wine really are the perfect birthday treat. At any hour.

And Happy Birthday to my Grandma today! 89!!! Love you Gram and so thankful to be driving up to celebrate together. xo

Cheers.

Comments

Happy, happy Birthday, and OMG I LOVE the picture! Whose dress did you steal for the picture? :)

Also, how fab that you share a birthday with your Gram? Happy 89th to her!

Love you. xoxo
    Alison recently posted..Happy Holidays!

That picture is so funny you haven’t changed a bit!! I remember that day also – we were at Grandma’s house. I’m so glad you didn’t throw all that fun stuff away:) Have a wonderful birthday. Love you always, Mom

Happy happy birthday to you! Beautiful photo re-enactment ;) (And how fun that you are sharing your birthday with your Gram, who shares your birthday.)
    angela recently posted..Discovered

Those are the best pajamas! I’m a sucker for white cotton nightgowns. It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie.

Love this post – the two poses side by side. Happy birthday! (I’ll get to your other posts too, but not sure when).
    Lady Jennie recently posted..Winter Light

Happy Birthday, Tracy, and I’ll get your mom loves this recreation picture.

SO FUNNY.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, blessings to you and your beautiful family.

Peace, Joy, Hope, Love: all I wish for you and yours in 2013.

xo
    Alexandra recently posted..There’s A Trick To It

I am crying.. Happy tears.. Because I am so happy to know you, to call you a friend, to be able to wish you every GOOD, WONDERFUL thing today.

You ARE the gift.. But I hope your candle wishes come true always.
    Love u.
    Xo

I am guessing you were one of the best birthday gifts your grandma ever received.

Hugs to you both on your very special day!

LOVED the pics! And the fact that you had a cake already-did you have to make your own? Hope not : )
    maybaby recently posted..Blessings

8. Just Dad says

I hope your day was as good as it could be!! You deserve it!! Hope mom enjoyed you, Jed and the girls company,on your shared special day.

All my love
    DAD

Cyberspace stole my original comment days ago because my laptop is on crack. So I’m back to say happy birthday albeit belatedly and yes, yes, listen to your mothers and converse with your fathers. They know all the secrets boys keep.
    Arnebya recently posted..The Other One

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice
    from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog?
    I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking
    about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
    toyskingdom-Shop.Info recently posted..toyskingdom-Shop.Info

There are lots of ways to build your blog and add content regularly, just keep your eyes and ears peeled for fresh ideas.
    They are the hottest listed in a general way so that search
    engines don’t think you’re emailing keywords. Most search engines are
    looking at your site to find relevant search words.
    free senuke vps recently posted..free senuke vps