1. Don’t erect a podium and invite the media over every time you want to have a family financial discussion about ‘budget cuts’ and ‘overspending’ when you find bags of clothing from Anthropologie shoved under the bed.
2. Respect your partner’s lawn signs and keep your signs on the other half of the lawn. Let them coexist politely. Also don’t remove my bumper stickers or change them to say ‘Obamacaremustdie’
(Dad, don’t mess with my sign)
3. If you fail to perform well in bed don’t be offended when your partner asks if she has to consider that ‘legitimate sex’
4. Do not brainwash your children when your partner is away. Robotic children saying “We should vote for Mitt Romney because he’s the best candidate” is not an endearing sentence to hear when said partner gets off the plane.
5. Do not groan like you’re mortally wounded every time Rachel Maddow is on TV.
6. Do not become Mormon just to drive your point home that Romney might be the best candidate. Also don’t start the P90X work-out just to be more buff than Ryan.(because trust me when he opens his mouth his is so.not.hot).
7. Do not blame everything on ‘Obamacare’ likes it’s the plague. For example… “I bet these pants would still fit me if it wasn’t for Obamacare!” or “Damn cat puked on the carpet again…effing Obamacare!”
8. Do not clip-out key points from your candidate’s platform and tape them around the house as we are teaching our three year old sight words. Funny how that paper that said ‘lamp’ just two days ago now says ‘reform Medicare’
9. No, Biden crossed with a donkey with a big red circle/slash through him is NOT a proper Halloween costume.
10. If you fail to perform well in bed don’t be offended when your partner asks if she has to consider that ‘legitimate sex’…Oh wait..
So tell me – do you and your partner usually agree politically? Do you kindly agree to disagree? Do you discuss politics at home?