A Little Of This and That

It’s kind of a crazy week so I’m admitting halfway through it that I won’t be blogging much.  The fact that I’m even saying those words makes me laugh because kind of  ‘who cares’ right.  But for some reason I feel guilty. I guess that means I like sitting down and writing words nearly everyday and when I can’t I feel somewhat incomplete.

I wish I would start feeling that way about my camera. I need to use her more and feel at a loss when she’s not at my side. I feel like there is so little time to do anything most days and sometimes wonder if I’m really focusing on what’s important. What am I missing? Am I wasting time? What can I improve? What can I let go of?

Like sometimes I sit and wonder why certain people don’t respond to my tweets or dms. I mean how stupid is that.  Kind of like my kids wonder why sometimes I don’t respond to them or say ‘just a minute’ because I have to check to see if this person has responded.

No more.

Where was I. Oh I’m not around much this week because it’s the last week of school and I’m volunteering a bit. I spent the whole morning today at the first grade Olympic Day. Everyone won, as it should be. I was in charge of the ‘grape on the spoon’ race.  Hilarious.  You know when you were in college and you would see a funny movie and say “gosh this would be even better under the influence of something” (okay maybe I just said that) – well when you have a first grader – everything is as funny as humanly possible totally sober.  This is exactly why I had kids.

I’m also not around this week because the new episodes of Real Housewives of New York and Dance Moms started. Truth be told we got cable this year because I need these shows. I fear I’m becoming addicted to reality TV.  I need an intervention or quite possibly just a DVR.

Eloise and Esther have their end of year dance recitals this week also so I will be neck-deep in blue shadow and aqua-net.  Awesomesauce.

Oh and Esther went to a roller skating party last Saturday. Do you remember that guy with the permed mullet who would skate all ‘disco-fancy’ around the rink by himself while ‘Beth’ by Kiss and ‘Babe’ by Styx were playing for the couples Snowball skate back in 1980? Well yeah..he’s still there.

In other news Astrid has started renaming all of her stuffed animals. Somehow she heard the song “Pussy cat pussy cat where have you gone” – maybe they are playing it for the Queen’s Jubilee… anyway so now she has renamed all of her animals as ‘Pussy’ followed by their animal type.  So this is what I hear all day “do you see my pussy bear” “I love my pussy dog” “sisters let’s play with my pussy hippo” “tonight I’ll sleep with my pussy monkey.”  I.kid.you.not!   I have no idea how to stop this or how to stop laughing every time she says it.  Ideas?

Happy week you guys.  Linking up with What I Wore Wednesday.

-coral cardigan from H&M

-black graphic tee from Bobiam streetwear

-Picnic Plans skirt from Art and Soul by Bercot

-coral shoes from Nordstroms

-straw handbag purchased in Barcelona in 2002(when can I go back to Barcelona)

-sunglasses from Target

Comments

do you really think every kid should win? really? that whole every child is special and deserves a trophy mentality pisses me off….
    and lately I’ve been lucky to blog more than twice a week…these damn kids of mine keep demanding my attention…
    Not a Perfect Mom recently posted..Why Kids Are Assholes-Part 1

If it’s an all-grade fun field day – yes I think everyone should just get a ribbon for participating and we should not have winners but focus more on the fun and participation(I’m all touchy-feely that way). If it’s a sport/activity that the child has signed up to play then I do think there should be winners and trophies..and maybe kids crying(kidding). xo

Go enjoy your girls! I’m doing the same with mine this week and loving it (as much as I love your outfit…to die for!).
    As for trying to correct Astrid, why in the world would you want to do that?! It’s hysterical!! You need to invite people over and charge them a cover!

3. AnnJ says

Well, I for one will miss your blogging. I look forward to reading your blog because you make me laugh (like today) or think about what’s important or put my life in perspective. Enjoy those fun days even though they may seem hectic. They really really do grow up so quickly! :)

I don’t know how to stop it, but I would recommend you not take her to Starbucks until this phase is over.

I’m in the middle of hell week… I mean dance recital week as well. I love it, but I will be so glad when it is over.
    Jennifer recently posted..Blueberry Pound Cake

I wish I could give you any clue as to how to deal with the stuffed-animal naming . . . but I’d be laughing, just as hard, rendering any “parenting” moot.

Do not feel guilty about blogging, or not blogging . . . those of us who love you will always be back, when you’re writing. We’d much rather “regular crazy Tracy,” and not “especially crazy Tracy, who is running around to get stuff written on top of keeping on top of everything life has thrown at her.”
    John recently posted..Where I like my kids

Oh, I love you. (Even though I know I don’t really know you, you know?)

The not blogging thing, the camera thing, the dm and tweets and ‘just a minute’ for the kids thing? You are not alone. The focusing on what’s important? Oh I SO get that.

By the way, I’ll let you know if I have any ideas for the Pussy Animals as soon as I stop laughing. So, maybe never?
    christine recently posted..Being Here

You look adorable! You really know how to put great outfits together. I am going to try to copy your style because I love it. :o) I need more skirts & dresses for casual everyday wear. Not great shopping here in Bemidji, I might add.
    Rachelle recently posted..Early June Blooms

Dear Tracy,

Welcome to my T.V. world! So glad you could join me. I am addicted to Real Housewives of NJ, NY and OC….plus many more shows.

I have recently discovered 24 on Netflix. Love catching shows after they have finished airing because I can watch one episode after another. I am sick that way!

Love,

Your Utah Friend,

Tina

First, I lived this week you are living 2 weeks ago and it was so bittersweet. I love all the end of the year hulabaloo but I get a raging case of senioritis myself and can’t wait to sleep in. I cry a lot at the end of the year programs and recitals ( this year a little more than usual:)
    Your girls are beautiful, like their mama. I Adore your outfit and wish I could pull it off. You look gorgeous. Good luck with all the pussy flying around the house. I am dying. It is so something my 5 year old would do. Miss you. XOXo
    Debi @TruthfulMommy recently posted..The TRUTH about Motherhood is that You are My Sunshine

I pussy loved this!

But what is with the “oh my life, the craziness, the pussies etc.” and then sneaking in photos of you looking completely together and adorable and having pins like some Broadway starlet?

Not fooling me, lady, not fooling me….
    Angie @ The Little Mumma recently posted..Intimacy

OMG Astrid is so cute!! I know what you mean – feeling very discombobulated lately with the end of school and traveling for work and more work and more work. Feeling a bit out of sorts but oh well. I hope that you have a great week!! xoxo
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..Traveling Thoughts

We all know that kids just repeat things that they hear at home…right?! ;-)

My week is the same as your week, but with 2 kids each at 2 different schools, my last week was like this, too. I need a vacation from end-of-school celebrations, oh yeah…5 kids home all day for the next 10 weeks, that’s a break, right?

Most importantly though, I.LOVE.THAT.SKIRT! SO cute! Thought I had missed a new MJC skirt, but thanks for sharing the link!

Happy End of the School Year & Start of Summer!
    (I can’t wait to hear what new words Astrid will be saying by summer’s end!)
    Melanie H. recently posted..Party All the Time!!!

13. Michelle says

Love the “pussy” animal names. My 3 1/2 year old has taken to saying “aww nuts” kinda like “coconuts” from Jake & the Neverland Pirates. I said “aww shucks” the other day. Now he walks around combining the two: “SUCKS NUTS”! We just giggle.

Trackbacks