Project 365 weeks 16/17 – National Infertility Awareness Week

I missed posting my Saturday project 365 post last week because we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.  And I forgot to come back and tell you all that the special dessert of the night at the restaurant was actually WILD BERRY TORTE(I am apparently psychic). I kid you not. I was nice and told Jed that I thought it was a bad idea to order it. I may have also accidentally called him Peeta.

May I just give a plug to the restaurant where we dined.  We ate at the St. Paul Grill.(they don’t know me nor did they ask that I mention them) I hadn’t been there in probably 10 years. I used to go a lot for business dinners, but in the few times we’ve actually gone out for an adults only dinners in the last decade it hasn’t been on my radar. We like to go to Minneapolis or to try the new hot spot or a new small spot that everyone is raving about. The St. Paul Grill was incredible – the food, the service, the table – everything.  We will be back more often. I had forgotten how much I love that place and just the classic perfection.  It also didn’t hurt that we ran into Jed’s friend Norm.

So here are my random daily phone pictures from the past two weeks.

I look at these and laugh because yeah – Astrid seems to be the star.  Now you know what I pretty much do with my days. It makes me realize that my days would be so different if she never arrived. I cannot imagine.  I need you to know that not a day goes by that I don’t realize how lucky we are because of her.

I had my annual(and by annual, I mean I haven’t gone since Astrid was born) exam yesterday.  My doctor walked in and the first words out of her mouth were “and how is your miracle?”  She remembered. And she followed that question with “you know sometimes I tell my other patients your story…I hope you don’t mind…sometimes I just need to give them some hope when it seems there is no hope to be found.”

I wasn’t sure how to take that.  It’s one of those things that is such a personal struggle for everyone  – one that I’ve barely talked about it here nor at the time did I even talk about it with friends and family.  And it’s one of those things that is so emotional to the core that sometimes I can feel guilty for getting lucky. But during National Infertility Awareness Week I do want you to know I’m sending out so many prayers, hope, love and hugs and support to everyone who has and is struggling with infertility, and I want to raise awareness to the support and friendship that everyone needs during their struggle.

Much love.

Comments

I’m with you Tracy. For reasons I won’t ever put on my blog or probably anywhere else.

And on a happier note, the St. Paul Grill sounds fabulous. But what are these “business dinners” of which you speak? I seem to have a vague recollection of such things, these dinners without paper placemats and 50% tips-of-apology.
    Jadzia@Toddlerisms recently posted..I Love A GOOD Tourist Trap

I know – I am so afraid to go to a business dinner now – like what if I try to cut up their chicken and put their napkin on their lap..or ask for a lid for their milk?

Through our five year roller coaster that ended in our miracle, I kept much of my pain to myself, and it just made it so much harder to manage. Once I made it through, I made sure to befriend those who I discovered were going on that journey, as those outside of that world have a hard time understanding.

Loved sharing dinner with you, it was a wonderful night!
    maybaby recently posted..mental clarity

I didn’t know your infertility story so I followed the links back to your old blog. I am so glad you got your miracle, but also amused that your Target addiction has a long history :)

I have “survivor’s guilt” about infertility. We spent five years waiting and wanting, then the bam of an adoption and surprise pregnancy all at once. I felt so lucky yet so guilty because of those I was leaving behind in my community.
    Astrid may be a tad spoiled, but she is obviously a pure spirit. How could you not? I can’t help it with my two miracles.

It’s weird how we can feel that guilt..when you have no reason to do so. You have such a beautiful family. xo

5. Katherine Fleming says

All couples who are struggling with infertility should be happy not to live in Indiana right now. A catholic school in Fort Wayne just fired a teacher because she was using IVF in an effort to get pregnant. The monsignor called her “a grave, immoral sinner”. Nuts.

I saw that. I wish the Catholic church would change their stance on that…but with the current Pope I don’t see that changing anytime soon. So sad. :(

Oh Tracy, a post that makes me smile, laugh, and touches my heart. (As usual.) What a sweet star Astrid makes.

Also, I sent you an email. :)

PS. Hilarious about the torte.
    christine recently posted..Oh Happy Day

Thank you for coming over here, Anna. You are so kind. I’m truly touched and you’ve made my weekend. Happy Weekend to you. xoxo

Your story about Astrid is so touching. And absolutely a miracle. I didn’t realize you had such a hard go there. Having also gone the disappointing, grueling route of infertility, my heart reaches out to those who have struggled with lack or loss. We too have miracles. Five beautiful, healthy miracles. And every day I celebrate God’s extravagance. Love you sweet Tracy.
    Cath recently posted..Still Counting

Thank you for this, my friend. And thank you for your support as I try to create a new community for people still struggling with infertility. It is a lonely road, indeed, but the more we use our voices, the less lonely it will become over time.

Beautiful pictures…

xoxo
    Clomid and Cabernet recently posted..Don’t Ignore…Infertile Friends

Sometimes, even though I haven’t struggled with infertility or multiple miscarriages (there was that one), I feel guilty because it’s been so easy. When I see people struggle and I know it came so easy and here I am glaring at my 11 yr old for glaring at me and they have no baby to get to 11…some of the shitty suffering in the world is unfathomable at times.
    Arnebya recently posted..Listening