Typically Esther spends month planning out her birthday parties. Whether a heart party with strict instructions for guests to wear only red or a formal tea party where your fanciest dress is required – Esther plans her parties down to the finest of details..menus, decorations, wardrobe, party favors and games.
But this year was different. She was non-committal. Theme-less. Now the girl loves a party and wanted a party…but ideas were not plentiful. I suggested maybe a more casual party and not at our house this year. She thought she might like to bowl.
So we did. Bowling pictures forth-coming later this week.
But she still needed a theme for a party. She didn’t feel right just bowling with a cake. So she thought that butterflies would be beautiful.
And they were. Kind of like my girl turning 7 in two days. She has turned into such a beautiful butterfly and I cannot be prouder of the girl she has grown to be.
Oh my her wings are beautiful.
The Butterfly Birthday Party:
1. Party favor boxes and foam butterflies from Michaels. – Filled with gummi butterflies from Candyland in Downtown St. Paul, butterfly stickers from Michaels, a butterfly lollipop from Cafe Latte, and…
2. Homemade butterfly cut-out cookies. I used Martha Stewart’s recipe and royal icing.
4. Homemade vanilla cupcakes and buttercream frosting(both recipes from Martha Stewart) adorned with candy butterflies from Wilton.
5. Butterfly tee shirt from The Gap.
6. A butterfly face-painted on each cute girl.
Esther loved her party but asked to have it at home again next year because she wanted a more intimate affair where she could more easily mingle and chat with her guests.
I could not agree more.
Happy Butterflies to you.