I’ve had these fun Valentine’s Day Cards on my to-do list ever since Dana posted about it last year. I’ve seen them done a lot lately but have yet to see anyone do it at our school…so I believe we will be pretty unique.
We had a ball making these. And we are so happy with the results.
Except Astrid is now mad because she’s didn’t get her picture taken and she’s not holding any lollipops. So I gave her eight lollipops to eat just today so she would get over it.
She’s much better and awake FOREVER!
And maybe she will make friends next year so she can hand-out Valentine’s also. Let’s hope for that. Will you be Astrid’s friend?
How to Make These Cute Cards?
1. Take at least 100 pictures of each child. Finally pick the perfect one – smile, hair, hand position must be perfect and moons in alignment evidently.
2. Edit chosen picture in Picnik to add words, fun, hearts..etc. Not sure what to do next year now that Picnik is kaput
3. Print out pictures at home or your favorite local quick place
3. Glue picture to card stock of any color you choose.
4. Use a tack or other very thin sharp object to poke a hole above and below hand on the picture
5. Poke lollipop through holes so it looks like your child is holding/giving the lollipop
6. Ooh and aah over fancy cards