I made adorable felt heart and button hair clips for Valentine’s Day. I love these. They are fun to wear and fun to give. And easy to make.
As has been proven in the past. I am not crafty. Glue guns scare me. Glitter is my mortal enemy. I only own kitchen scissors. I have zero patience.
But even I can make these hair clips. ( I can also make cute children but I really cannot teach you how to do that.)
I made a professional video of how to make these fabulous hair clips. Holy hell I know it’s like four minutes long…but it’s worth the watch. Just take me into the bathroom today while you are doing your business. I will entertain you much better than People Magazine does.
Or just show your kids..oh wait don’t show them as I talk about roach clips and Virginia Slims and felonies. I also may swear a lot. Minor things.
But I’m wearing ruffles and flower headbands and everything.
But in case you have a short attention span(there’s therapy for that by the way) …here is the tutorial in bad grammar form…
1. You will need felt, buttons, ribbon, hair clips, hot glue and scissors and your children in front of the TV so you can get this done. ..unless they are good with scissors and hot glue of course.
2. Cut a few hearts out of varying sizes to layer upon each other. Curse a lot because your hearts pretty much suck.
3. Grab your felt hearts, a button if you so desire, a clip and cut a piece of ribbon that will cover the clip.(Don’t ask me how long to cut the ribbon. I don’t own a measuring tape.)
4. Hot glue the ribbon onto the clip. Burn yourself at least twice.
5. Hot glue the hearts and buttons together in size order. ( or sew – see note below)
6. Glue the hearts to the ribbon covered clip. Note: if you want to you can sew this all together instead of using glue. It would be cute to use a fun contrasting thread. I would never take the time to do this..but that is just me. I know you are anal and need to sew these, right? We are no longer friends.
7. And you are done. Wear and admire. Okay, don’t wear. Please give them to your children to wear. You are too old.
8. How cute are these. Also you can see that some of my hearts face different directions…so make sure you determine which side of the head you will wear these on so you do not end up with upside down hearts. That’s just all sorts of wrong. Then it kind of looks like felted boob clips.
How fun to clip the felted hair clips on a Valentine’s Day card to give at school!(Valentine Card template)
This instructional post is linking up with THE World’s Famous MamaKat’s Writer’s Workshop. Happy Crafting!
And I want to thank you all again for your amazing love and comments on my humorous spin on the Mommy Wars debate. Who knew there were so many red wine drinking bikini waxing virgins out there. I am so proud of all of us.