I answer to the boss..

I was so thrilled to receive a couple of super awesome emails last week about my Summer Camp song.

At first I thought they wanted to give me a record contract, or pay me a royalty for the lyrics so Gwen Stefani could record my original song, or maybe to just say “word to the super-structured summer, home-girl.”

But no.

These amazing women, who are not regular readers, family, or even parents of my children think that I am a mean and lazy mom because I don’t want my kids with me for the 1,968 hours of Summer.

I KNOW.

So I offered them all a job for the Summer to come nanny of my kids FOR FREE, and while they are here they can cook for them, change some diapers, grocery shop, and take them to the pool in a too small bikini, AND let’s not forget the super fun swing pushing everyday.  Sadly, no one took me up on this sweet offer.
Photobucket
I also may have mentioned that the song was for fun. And it was more of a dream as I cannot afford sleep away Summer Camp – but I am hopeful for future years and like maybe my kids can get a good job to pay for it themselves so I can receive some child labor unfair practices emails. Because that would be awesome.

But mainly I just kind of chuckled about the emails because I was just doing what every person in the whole entire world does – I was complaining about my boss.  When I had a “real” job I used to have this cool place called a cafeteria, and a break-room and people I called co-workers and maybe even friends – and we would bitch about our boss. Even an awesome boss – because it’s written in the Constitution that it’s our god given right to complain about our bosses.
Photobucket
Now that I am lacking everything mentioned in the above paragraph  – I have to bitch about my bosses on my blog. My first two bosses were pretty easy and I didn’t complain much, but my latest boss is a complete tyrant.

She whines and demands and sometimes cries.
Photobucket
She makes me get her everything she needs WHEN she needs it.

She doesn’t share toys or candy or food. She usually doesn’t play nice with her coworkers.

She’s never given me a raise.
Photobucket
She makes passes at me and kisses on me and I am not sure if that is work appropriate.

She gives me more work than I could ever handle and doesn’t praise me for any job completed.

She makes me work more than eight hours a day and doesn’t pay me overtime.

She constantly interrupts any fun time that I try to have.
Photobucket
So yes, do I complain about my bosses since this is the only job that I have with no other water cooler to spill my guts  -HELLS TO THE YES.  Will I really ship them off to camp? Um no(but maybe sort of want to sometimes.)  Do I love my kids with all of my heart and every teeny bit of me – YES.

And now I must end this post as my boss is yelling for me.

More wordless/wordful Wednesday and beautiful pictures at Project AliciaSevenClownCircus and Parenting for Dummies

Comments

The bonuses are why I stay at my current job.

Totally coming to FL Summer Camp next year. With wine.

When I was a full-time SAHM, I used to say that my job sucked b/c my boss screamed at me all the time and made me take my top off multiple times a day (breastfeeding humor).

Don’t you know, Tracy, motherhood is a near sacrament for some mothers? So you’re not complaining about your boss, you’re being downright sacrilegious in their eyes. Blah blah. Love you.
    melanie recently posted..Six-Word Memoir

2. Sundee says

You already said this, but nobody who knows you would write you an email like that. Some people just have too much time on their hands and not enough joy in their lives!!

Keep doing what you do! You are a source of laughter for me, and it is so fun to watch you be so human – it endears me to you more. XOXO

Cutest Boss EVER. :D

p.s. I bet whoever sent those emails can’t do sleep-away camp either and they’re just ticked off about it so they took it out on you. he he.

p.p.s. I want to get paid overtime… (Trying to calculate the time-and-half part…) ;P
    Elaine recently posted..The first time I unpacked a box

Still waiting for my OT pay to kick-in. If it does I am totally sending the hater’s kids to Summer Camp.

4. Rachel says

You are kidding, right? Whoever would complain about that has got to have someone on their side or be taking some kind of mommy super-drug whose name I am not privy to…I love my kids, but do not want to be with them,doing for them, entertaining them, looking at them, breaking up fights, sweating to death filling up water balloons that take 2 hours to fill up and 30 seconds to go through (can you tell what I did today? HATE water balloons–they were created by the devil himself) 24/7 all summer–and anyone who says they do is lying.
    Astrid looks awesome in orange–so does Sawyer–it is destiny for them!

Hon, step away from the water balloons. Did you know that Astrid has another cute Sawyer after her…he lives in Troy,MI. I want to see the baby fight.
      xo

For realz?

That’s funny.

Also, I wish my kids didn’t ever sleep or go to school or even to the bathroom so that way I could be with them EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY.

I know, hilarious! I also miss my kids so much when they go to the bathroom. Sometime I go with them just so we don’t have to spend time apart. Or not.

God I love you. I inhale every word you write. And love your photos.
    Yep, my boss is super bossy and I love complaining about him. I also love him more then the moon, the stars and the Milky way combined. To Infinity and Beyond ( we are going through a Toy story faze, forgive me)
    I need a theme song, where is your vlog this week :(
    Stasha recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

I love you too. xoxo Love you way you put this so much.

I know, I know – I need to get musical this week still.

I can’t believe people sent you mean emails about your summer camp song. It was all sorts of awesome.

My boss sounds a lot like yours does. Very demanding but thank goodness they are cute.

Love your humor! When we volunteer for this job & the boss is still growing inside, we feel so excited because we have no idea how very demanding our little bosses end up being. & it never ends!!! Even when they grow up….*sigh* Like you, I wouldn’t trade it for the world, though.
    Lex recently posted..Wordful Wednesday

9. Jenn says

Some people are tightly wound and lack a sense of humor. Loved your song. Love your blog. Your littlest boss sounds like my first and third bosses. I’m all for summer camp. Maybe next year? ;)

I love, love, love this. I can’t believe you got hate mail, you have arrived!
    And what fun would it be to have these little bosses if we didn’t complain about them. So what is with these youngests? I thought they were supposed to be the easiest but Sawyer is the same way. I think I carry him around more than I ever did with the others, just to avoid his demanding yells.
    Jessica recently posted..She Did It

11. Leah says

whomever complained about that post either has no children, works full-time, is a man or has some serious happy mommy drugs (alright last option is perhaps they were already drunk for the day). I thought the song was fabulous and suggested my husband program that on next year’s spring band concert!

12. Leah says

and for the record the rest of us NEVER complain about our bosses – can I just get an AtotheMEN that my slave drivers are still sleeping so I haven’t been ordered around yet today!

Methinks I have the same boss! I totally get your song and do not for one minute think you are a bad Mom… Seriously…mean emails? I guess these people must have perfect bosses in their lives…. yeah right!
    Anne recently posted..Rockin The Boat Bump!

The people who sent you those emails MUST be the most boring, unfunny people around. Who needs them.

It really is a good thing our bosses are so cute!
    Amy recently posted..a 1st grader

15. jill r says

Why why why don’t people get that you are verbalizing the thoughts that normal full-time parents have swirling around in their head about parenting??? I cannot believe all sane people that are with their children 24/7 don’t have the same thoughts and appreciate your satire? Sometimes I think I should get a *real* job so that I could pay somebody to do this thankless job that I do, if that happens, I suppose I will no longer relate to your thinking either, since my time won’t be saturated with them anymore and I can have rational thoughts about my parenting my darling children (and, I am ONLY joking about getting a paying job, etc wink wink).

I can’t believe people who have criticzed you on that. Clearly they have too much free time on their hands and no humor.

I love the concept of kids being our bosses (so true!). Though I by far complain way more about my actual work boss =)
    Marta recently posted..Listography Take 5 – Inventions

you really are HUGE, only HUGE bloggers get hate mail darling.

lovely post, I feel much the same way! And gorgeous pictures of course goes without saying really…
    Yuliya recently posted..Get outta town

Crap on happy parades. I need that on a pillow.

Thank you – I got her out of the tub, put her orange jammies on her and had to sweep her outside for some cute pics as she looked so clean and fresh.

LOVE this post. I don’t trust people who don’t complain about their kids. They’re clearly either cyborgs, or completely insane and spend their days dusting their Precious Moments collections while their kids sing hymns in the basement.

(I don’t know where I’m going with that, but I trust you know what I mean. Being a SAHM is HARD.)

Oh my word – I can picture the Precious Moments all lined up on the faux oak shelves…

You got hate mail over that super awesome vlog? Whatever. They’re just jealous of your awesome skills.

But these pictures? BEAUTIFUL! And I loved this post!
    Kimberly recently posted..Guilty Mommy

I LOVE it when people can’t take a joke.

Oh wait. No. I hate it. That’s right.

How silly of them…

I’m assuming the emails came from those who stumbled on your blog and not regular readers.

Let’s just hope they don’t hear about the Starbuck’s baristas in Hell.

I don’t want those guys there with us.
    julie gardner recently posted..Today call me changed

Trackbacks