I Heart Faces – Yellow

Linking a picture up with I Heart Faces this week. The challenge is Yellow.

I think yellow is an underrated color. Rarely do people say that yellow is their favorite color. The girls like pink and purple..the boys blue and red..the grown-ups green and maybe black or gray.

There aren’t enough yellow houses or yellow dresses or yellow cars.  The yellow crayon is not so heavily used. No one except children appreciate a dandelion. Somehow the bright and beautiful color of the sun gets left out.

Sometimes I think living in a yellow house would make me smile everyday when I got home.  Cheerful.

But maybe it is just too bright. Too hard to stare at for long periods. Annoying like you cannot really look at the sun.

Like the sun, maybe yellow is good in moderation.

What do you think? What is your favorite color and why?

Comments

I am actually thinking to have a yellow/sunflower bday party for Astrid this Summer.

I live in a yellow house. Not a pretty yellow house. I could handle a sunny yellow, but this yellow is not sunny. The owners painted the house mustard yellow right after they put it on the market because someone told them yellow houses sell fast. They picked a yellow that’s supposed to be an accent color on a Victorian house. Doesn’t work so well on a ranch house, but we’re too cheap and lazy to repaint it (even though we’ve been in the house for 9 years now). At least it makes the house easy to find.
    Karen recently posted..yeah- its monday

Interesting to hear about yellow houses selling fast. I wonder if that is true.

Hi!!!! My favorite color is yellow…and bright blue…but yellow is tied for #1. I have been told since I’m little that “yellow is my color” and when I wear it (often) I feel beautiful and bright. I love sunflowers and NYC taxis…I love sunshines and baby ducks. Plus smiley faces…looooove them! Yep you don’t have to sell Yellow to me…I’m already buying!!!!! Loved this post!
    Kir recently posted..The 6th Blogaversary Begins

Oh I love this!!!!! Also – I love NYC taxis..especially when it’s the Cash Cab!

3. Caroline Beattie says

Yellow is certainly my favorite color! And dandelions are my favorite flower because of it. My living room is bright bright yellow, and many things I own too. But not my car. Next one?

My favorite color is white! Ever heard of that? I love every shade of it. Makes me sound boring, but I think my personality is big enough to carry it off!
    Cheers,
    Liz
    Liz Bradley recently posted..bee house

Wow – how did you get that tint? It looks amazing!

My fave color is the particular shade of blue that occurs just after dusk. Sigh. I’m such a poet! But it’s true..

It isn’t too far off from the original. I got very low with the evening sun getting low in the sky towards me. A little color tweek in editing to make it warmer.

OMG – what a beautiful picture. That would look amazing framed and on my living room wall. Have to look into cost on canvas!

I like black because it’s slimming. But I love the yellow in that photograph. And when Julia Luis-Dreyfuss wears in in “Old Christine”.
    Marinka recently posted..Mad Women

Thank you. You know, I was just trying to capture Astrid with the beautiful shadows and trees around her..so I clicked..and when I looked at what I got..I then saw my other 2 daughters skipping/twirly around in the background. I had a bit of a mommy cry right there as it was not my intention to capture them. xo

I am not a fan of yellow – I am very pale (very very pale) and yellow does not look good on me . I recently just purchased yellow dresses for my daughters – only b/c they wanted them, not something I would choose AND I was pleasantly surprised how they looked!
    Tiaras & Tantrums recently posted..I ♥ Faces Yellow

Yes, Spring in Minnesota is full of wonder after everything thaws. The apple trees are finally in bloom.

Lovely photo! My favorite color is… green. :) But my favorite flower is the yellow crocus.
    The yellow glow of sunlight certainly can make photography gorgeous!

Oh my gosh what a gorgeous shot.
    I actually love yellow. Yellow was always my oldest’s favorite color. Even when she couldn’t talk she chose yellow everything and it has always been the color of her room.
    We just moved from a yellow house. :)

This picture is beautiful – the colors are so pure. Yellow does get a bad wrap for sure! I think my favorite isn’t often a favorite – especially for girls. I love Green. One reason is my eyes are green – the other I think is it is such a natural color.

Beautiful shot!

12. Diana D says

I love yellow! Always have….it is such a happy color! I grew up in a yellow house, too! It was a pale yellow, but still a lovely and happy yellow. I almost cried my eyes out when the new owners painted it grey…..a really sad and boring grey. I have dreams of one day buying the house back and painting her happy yellow once again!

Gorgeous picture……very stunning.

Beautiful! Love the light and the wide angle to let accentuate the long shadows of the trees! Definitely a favorite!

14. Stacey says

I LoVe yellow… always… Well, I do have my Donnie Osmond purple crush that sometimes creeps out when I’m feeling spunky :)
    My husband has said no more YELLOW… so I’ve taken to calling it butter, off tan, or golden… he is catching on… but not before I get my house painted with a golden camel w/ butter trim…hahaha… We will see if I can get it done… ;)
    GORGEOUS picture…

I love this picture. It reminds me how much I love yellow and the glow of the sun on warm summer evenings. Beautiful!!

This is great! I like the yellow, but my favorite part on this is the angles of the trees and the shadows.