Sharing a Book from Dr. Seuss..

Photobucket
I was 4 the Summer of 1973.  During that Summer both my Aunt Sandy and my cousin Betsy sat down with me and my brother and we wrote our own book.
Photobucket
My Book About Me by Dr. Seuss.

(still in it’s first 1969 edition….)
Photobucket
This was always on my bookshelf – through school, college and has traveled with me around the country and world as I have moved as an adult.   A few times a year I open up the pages and laugh and remember.
Photobucket
I bought a copy for Eloise immediately after her birth and have kept it neatly next to mine for 7 years.
Photobucket
Last weekend I pulled them both off the shelf and the girls and I filled the pages
They had a ball.
Photobucket
Listing their favorite foods and counting forks.(please do not feed Esther birdseed)
Photobucket
Tracing their feet and counting the steps to the nearest tree and mailbox.
Photobucket
Finding the country they live in and dreaming about their career as an adult.  (Eloise wants to be a mom and a teacher.  Esther wants to be a baker. (I wanted to work at Dairy Queen)
Photobucket
They now have a treasure to keep and remember what they were thinking in 2010, how little their feet were, and what their home was like.  What they were dreaming about, and basically just a little picture of their life one day when they were little.

I highly recommend this book to you all.

xoxo, t

Comments

This is too sweet for words. What a wonderful mother you are to provide this experience. The pictures are priceless. I only wish my kids were young enough to do it. Very cool.

2. melanie says

I am crying right now, T. You are such a beautiful person, and I am so blessed to have this window into your life. Love!

I remember when you and Troy were filling in everything in this book and how much fun both of you had. I loved these pictures of the girls doing the same.

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

Valuable tidings and but sketch you got here! I would like to tender thanks you against sharing your thoughts and time into the effects you collection!! Thumbs up

6. jill r says

That book is precious…we NEED one, I hope I can find an issue.

I have a question, since you moved to this site, when I check my Top Sites, I used to get a blue star when there was a new post here, now with your new site, I don’t get that notification. Anyone know what’s up with that???

I had totally forgotten about this book, but we had these too. This completely took me right back to that moment. Off to Amazon to order them now. Thanks for the idea!

I am going right over to Amazon to buy one now. Thank you so much for sharing this idea, T. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

I had that book when I was a kid too! I’m sure it hasn’t gotten thrown out, but I have no idea where it is. Maybe my mom has it. How neat that they still sell it! I’ll have to pick it up for my girls too!

Trackbacks